Model-Based Design of cyber-physical systems in MATLAB and Simulink
Cyber-physical systems (CPSs) link cyberspace with the physical world through a network of interrelated elements, such as sensors and actuators, robotics, and computational engines. These systems are highly automated, intelligent, and collaborative. CPS examples include energy neutral buildings, zero-fatality highways, and personalized medical devices.
Designing cyber-physical systems is challenging because:
- The vast network and information technology environment connected with physical elements involves multiple domains such as controls, communication, analog and digital physics, and logic.
- The interaction with the physical world varies widely based on time and situation.
Using multidomain models that capture such variability is critical to successful CPS design.
You can model the information domain of cyber-physical systems with MATLAB®, Simulink®, and related products (such as those for computer vision and communications). In addition, you can model the physics behavior with Simscape™ and the performance behavior with SimEvents™.These products enable system-level design studies that span multiple domains and levels of fidelity.
Examples of MATLAB and Simulink support for cyber-physical systems design include:
- Computer vision and signal processing tools for designing automated situational awareness
- Concurrency modeling of the computing platform to identify architectural pitfalls, such as timing and synchronization
- Graphical state machine modeling for exploring designs and analyzing model logic for autonomous functionality
- System-level physics modeling that enables system design studies at various levels of detail and across digital and analog modalities
- Integrated communication and computation modeling to analyze channel, protocol, and operation logic interaction for the design of robust and resilient operation
- In-the-loop technologies modeled with target hardware and software to help minimize risk in bringing your design online in a physical world
- Qualification and certification toolkits, critical to deploying high-integrity cyber-physical systems in a space shared with humans
Examples and How To
Application Feature Examples
Application System Examples
See also: Model-Based Design, design of experiments, mechatronics, real-time testing, Adopting Model-Based Design interactive kit, communication systems, stereo vision, abstract interpretation, analytical solution, formal verification, robot programming, CAN network communication, control synthesis with model checking